Monday, August 18, 2008

Internet problems

Friday morning our phone/internet went out. I called and they said the soonest they could send anyone was Tuesday @@. Doug called and complained and they said they would "try" to have someone out sooner. Well, when he came home from work they already had someone working on them. That night around 9:30 we noticed we had a dial tone again, but the internet wasn't working. Saturday morning I called my mom and they have caller ID. A different name and number came up than ours when I called. The same thing happened months ago....our phone number somehow got switched with someone else's @@. It just so happened that this time it was a neighbor across the street. Doug called the phone company and they fixed it w/in a couple hours. Still couldn't get the internet to work. So he called the phone company again and tried to get tech support. He was on the phone with someone for like an hour and a half and it's STILL not working! They're trying to tell him now that it's our browser that's messed up, but it was fine before the phone went out. He hasn't had time to call them back again or whatever he's going to do. Goodness knows *I can't fix it. LOL. We're able to get his parents' (who live next door) wireless internet signal at times on the laptop, but it's unpredictable (even for them). Hopefully it will be up and running again soon because I plan on revamping my blog (or at least trying to).


I should be able to buy a new camera this week, too. I sold our Nintendo DS to someone I know online...actually her son bought it, so now I have almost enough for the new camera. I'm probably just going to get another newer Kodak Easyshare in the $100 range. I don't need anything fancy. My parents have a Casio Exilim that I really like, but it's around $150 and I'm not sure we can swing that right now.


The kids are doing good. Ryan starts school tomorrow and turns 5 on Wednesday! Waaaah! Where did my BABY go? I talked to his new van driver this morning and she is very nice. It's hard for me to send him off in a vehicle with someone I don't know, but seeing as how we only have and can only afford one car, I don't have much of a choice. Please send some good vibes Ryan's way for tomorrow that he adjusts well to the new school/teacher/classroom/kids after 2 years in the same school/classroom with the same teacher and a lot of the same kids. I hope it goes smoothly for him.


Brooke seems to be getting more and more out of the unconsolable fussy spells in the evenings. She still has her moments, but they aren't every night and they don't usually last for hours like before. Of course last night Doug went to play bingo with my mom and dad and she had one of her worst nights in awhile. Then Ryan had a cow because the idiot neighbor across the street was revving up his motorcycle (which was right outside Ryan's bedroom window) shortly after I put him to bed, so he was downstairs laying on the couch until Doug got home. I tried taking him back up to bed once and as soon as I went to leave, he sat up and started crying. He's not one to do that very often at all, so I brought him back downstairs. Of course with Brooke crying, there was no chance of him falling asleep, but at least he wasn't up playing and at least he slept in about an hour later this morning (Doug didn't get home until about 10:15 and Ryan goes to bed at 8).


Tonight we have to go get Ryan new shoes for school....talk about procrastinating! And we're also going to look at a 2-wheeler bike at Walmart for him. Doug's mom and dad said they go halves on it with us for his birthday. His party for my side of the family is on Saturday at my mom and dad's. Not sure when we're doing Doug's side yet. Well, Brooke's starting to fuss, so I'll end this now! : )

No comments: