Sunday, August 3, 2008

Jinxed

I must have jinxed it when I said in my last entry that the nights were getting easier. She was just tricking us apparently. We've had some rough ones since then and we're also having a bit of trouble getting her to go to sleep and stay asleep come "bedtime". There for awhile she'd by out by 11. Now she sometimes still is, but then is awake 10 minutes after laying her down. Very, very frustrating. I really hope this whole nighttime business gets easier as she gets older!

Some good news! I called the ped's office Tuesday to get a refill for her diuretic called in. The nurse called me back to see what the medicine was and why she was on it @@ (<--eyeroll). I told her and she asked if she was supposed to be on it longterm and I told her the NICU said her pediatrician would take her off of it (which I asked him about it at her first visit and he never gave me an answer @@). So she said she'd talk to the doctor and call me back. She called back and put him on the phone. He said to take her off it and see how she does. Make sure her eyelids, hands, feet, etc. aren't puffy, especially in the mornings and that she's not having shortness of breath, but she probably doesn't need it anymore. So her last dose was Tuesday morning and so far, so good! He did say about getting a urine sample just to be sure and we still have to do that. But I think she's good to go : ).

Okay, I actually have some pictures to post!



July 29


July 29
We finally got him some clip on shades for his glasses!


July 29


July 29
Action shot!


July 31
Pretty sure this is a "gas" smile...


July 31
Yeah...definitely gas. LOL! J/K..sorta. She is starting to smile a little here and there, I think, though!


July 31
Pretty much sums up our evenings around here...


August 2
She loves looking at this butterfly! The back of the wings are black and white pattern, which really holds her attention.


August 2
Biggie girl with her Taggies doll. She loves sitting up on the couch like this! She's like right in between 2 "cushions" so it helps hold her in place.

Photobucket
Here she is 3 months ago with the same doll!


August 2
A very nice mom on the cloth diaper message board sent me this shirt (along with some other neat stuff) while I was still pregnant with Brooke! You should check out her site: http://www.punkrockpadding.com/ : )







3 comments:

Gena said...

Jen I am sorry you are having a rough patch. I love that doll and look how big Brooke has gotten!!! How amazing!!

Sarah-Lynn's mom said...

Jen, I can't believe just how big they both are getting!!

Good luck on getting her to sleep better for you. I think it is a game that they like play with us.

Anonymous said...

It will get easier sweetie! She is soooo damn cute her face is really filling out and it looks like her hair is taking on a red tint now! LOL She is a doll Ilove the pictures of Ryan outside he is such a boy! Your yard is so nice!!


Holly