Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Almost here!

I so cannot believe that today is Christmas Eve!! It doesn't really feel like it is and the rain (instead of snow) outside isn't helping.


All the kids' gifts are wrapped. I went over to the house Saturday night and me and Doug wrapped them. I didn't even plan it this way, but they each have 7 gifts! I wish we could've gotten them more, but honestly, Ryan was so hard to shop for that anything else we would've gotten for him probably would not have even been played with and Brooke is so little, she doesn't need a million baby toys. In the past, Ryan has gotten probably closer to 15 gifts (one or 2 bigger things and the rest smaller stuff), but I think from now on we'll try to stick to under 10 gifts for each and just get them stuff they really want or we know they'll play with. Because I know past Christmases Ryan has gotten stuff that he's only played with a handful of times, so what's the point?


The kids and I are going over to the house to spend the night tonight. I have some stuff to do before we head over there. I have to bath both kids, pack the suitcase with our crap, dip the Oreo balls I made last night in chocolate, and whatever else I think of in the meantime. I got the recipe for the Oreo balls from a friend. All you do is mix a softened pack of cream cheese with a smashed bag of Oreos and roll them in to balls and then dip in melted chocolate. I found out the hard way last night that it works much better if after you mix the 2, you sit them in the fridge for awhile to firm up some, otherwise it ends up sticking to your fingers WAY too much. Even after sitting them in the fridge awhile, they were still sticking pretty good, but not nearly as bad. If I would've had more time, I would've left them in there longer.


Brooke slept through the night again last night after having 2 rough nights where she slept in my bed the bulk of the night. She did wake up last night at 10 when I went up to bed, but she went right back to sleep and slept until 6, which is early for her to get up, but oh well. She drank a bottle and played a little bit and was sleeping again by 8. I think I hear her now actually, but she's not crying. Sometimes she likes to just chill in her crib for a little while when she wakes up from a nap....and other times she starts crying right away. If she wakes up happy, then I leave her go for a little bit. She's still sneezing some, but I think she's on the mend, especially if sleeping well last night is an indication. Ryan isn't really sneezing or coughing anymore, but still sounds congested. And of course they shared it with me! LOL. I'm feeling better today than yesterday, though.


Well, I think I've rambled enough! You probably won't hear from me again until after Christmas. Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!! : )

No comments: