Thursday, December 25, 2008

:::yawn:::

I love Christmas, but it always seems like a neverending day and I'm always exhausted by the end of it, lol. Of course, it doesn't help when you have a baby that decides to sleep like crap the night before, either ; ). Brooke took a late nap again yesterday and didn't go to bed until about 9:30 (her usual bedtime is 8:30). She woke back up at 10 and back to sleep at 10:30. She was sleeping in the pack'n'play in the dining room and Doug slept on the recliner and I slept on the couch (Ryan was on the air mattress in his room)....because all our beds are here at my mom and dad's. So anyway, Doug and I went to go to sleep around 11...Doug fell asleep almost right away, but right as I was drifting off to sleep, Brooke woke up...it was about 11:30. I rocked her back to sleep and laid her down 5 different times in the next hour and she just kept waking right back up. Finally I tried feeding her thinking maybe she was hungry and that's why she wouldn't sleep, but she only drank an ounce. After laying her down the 5th time and her waking up, I handed her off to Doug. She settled in on his chest and went to sleep. I didn't wake up again until I heard her crying around 4:30-5:00, although he says she was up and down a lot all night. I'm surprised I didn't hear her. Ryan was downstairs by a quarter to 7 this morning, even though I told him to wait until we came up to get him and Brooke woke up then, too (he *just learned last week how to climb over his gate, lol). It was dark in the living room and Ryan didn't even notice the presents under the tree, lol (probably b/c he was still half asleep since it was so dang early!)...so I hurried up and covered them with this huge blanket I have. (You see, normally, he doesn't come downstairs until he's dressed and has had breakfast in his room...that's how it was when I was a kid and I love that tradition...the suspense was great, lol.)


So anyway, Brooke wasn't ready to eat right away, so I got Ryan dressed and got him his breakfast so all I had to do was feed her and then dress her and we'd be ready to open stuff. She kept crying while I was changing her, which was odd, and when I was done and sat her up, I realized she wasn't moving her right arm. I tried moving it and she started screaming. Scared the CRAP out of me. I remember reading a post from a girl on a message board several months ago about something similar happening with her baby girl's arm one morning and she took her to the doctor and found out she had Nursemaid Elbow. She had no idea what happened to cause it, so I started thinking maybe that's what was wrong with Brooke. I told Doug she needed to go to the ER...you could tell she was in so much pain :*(. I had Doug take her in because I hadn't showered and I hate leaving the house without showering : /. They did x-rays and didn't find anything. But I guess when they tried to x-ray her right arm, they couldn't get her to bend it. So then they did the left arm (I guess for comparison??), she started moving her right arm normally again. They said something may have slipped out of place, but must've went back on its own without them doing anything. Whew! So we had an interesting start to our Christmas!


The rest of the day went great, though. Brooke loved tearing the wrapping paper off the presents and she loved (trying to) eat it. LOL. She likes the new toys, too ; ). Ryan helped her completely unwrap everything and of course he loved tearing in to his things. His 2 favorite things were a mini 5-in-1 game table (pool, basketball, bowling, soccer, and "air" hockey) and Mario Super Sluggers for the Wii. Some other things he got (not just from us, but from grandparents and aunts and uncles) are Sonic and Cars for the Wii, Fisher Price My First Skates, Cars (the movie), a Cars robe, Fisher Price learning clock, a remote control car AND a remote control truck, books, etc. Brooke got 3 baby dolls, Fisher Price stroller/push toy, Fisher Price spinning something or other zoo (LOL), Fisher Price gumball machine, Fisher Prices My First Purse, etc. Oh and I'm bummed because I got Ryan this cute Cars watch for in his stocking and it's ENTIRELY too freaking big for his skinny little wrist : (. I don't think we'll find a watch that will fit him : (.


We opened gifts at home and then went over to Doug's parents' house for dinner and ate around 12:30. We cleaned up and headed over to Doug's brother's house around 2 to open gifts because they have a new game room and have a lot more room for everyone than at his parents' house. We left there and headed to my parents' house around 4:30. Doug just left about a half an hour ago. Today seemed just like any other Christmas, so it's weird to be sitting here now with him at home. Brooke was wiped out and in bed at 8:00 (a first!) and I'm just waiting for her to wake up, but hopefully she won't until tomorrow morning, lol.


So all in all, it was a great day : ). How was your Christmas? : )


Pics coming soon (hopefully)!

No comments: