Sunday, December 7, 2008

Changes

I've let on a few times recently that something was going on. Something that was affecting my mood this holiday season. I can't share details, but I'm ready to give a little glimpse in to what I've been referring to.


Friday night, the kids and I moved in with my parents. Things just aren't working between Doug and I and there's no fixing it. So I am officially a single mom. Hard to believe that after 10 years together (6 years of marriage), it's come to this. I never would have thought it, but like one of my friends said, if you didn't think it would be forever, you wouldn't get married. I just never pictured my life turning out like this. But it's time to move on and I'm going to do my best to give the kids the best life I can and of course their dad will still be in their life, as well as the rest of his family. They have no ill feelings towards me and I plan to keep in touch with them and would do that even if it weren't for the kids. We'll be living here with my parents until I can get on my feet. It's scary to think of being on my own (I *never have been before!), but I just have to believe in myself and have faith that everything WILL work out the way it's supposed to.


Things between Doug and are so far civil, maybe even on the verge of friendly, which is how I want it to be for the kids.


It sucks that this is happening right before the holidays, but it was something that couldn't be put off. I think the kids are going to have a great Christmas regardless.


Please keep the kids, especially, in your thoughts and prayers that this transtion goes as smoothly as possible!

7 comments:

Claire said...

(((huge hugs mama)))

Shana said...

((((Jen)))) I know it will be rough but stay positive. You are a strong person and I know everything will be okay.

Susan Holt said...

(((Jen))) You are very strong woman and I know your going to do just fine. It's hard at first being a single parent but after a bit you learn how to cope and it does get easier! Ya'll are in my thoughts and prayers constantly! My email is always open.

Stacey said...

(((Jen)))
I'm sorry. ((more hugs)))

Meghan said...

(((((Jen and kiddos)))) Hang in there Mama and it will all work out!

angela said...

I am so sorry that you have to be going through this ((((jen))) you guys have my prayers

JBGRIGS said...

Jen I am so sorry (((hugs))) I will keep you all in my prayers :*)