Saturday, May 10, 2008

One week!!!

As long as Brooke "behaves", she will be coming home one week from today!! We got the official word last night.


They did start her on a diuretic yesterday because she was starting to get puffy. So that's something she'll have to grow out of.


Last night she weighed 4lb. 7.7oz. She should be about 5lbs. when she comes home. Ryan was 6lb. 4oz. and he seemed so little to us, so I can just imagine this! LOL. She's been eating every 4 hours, about 50-55cc's at a feeding, which is almost 2 ounces!


They want us to stay over Friday night with her before taking her home. We also have some videos to watch sometime this week while we're there...carseat safety, shaken baby syndrome, and CPR. And this weekend at home we'll hopefully be getting everything ready for her to come home, so we're not doing it all last minute. We have to get her bassinet and swing set up and maybe her crib. I also need to get some last minute things at the store, like diapers and pacifiers. Also, have to try to install the carseat and make sure we get a good fit and she'll have to have her carseat test this week before coming home, to make sure she doesn't have any problems breathing or anything like that while sitting in it.


I bet this week will go fast! So much to do, so little time! LOL.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrat, Jen. I know you are so excited to get her home. My oldest was full term and only weighed 6lbs. I remember how tiny she seemed, so I know Brooke will seem super tiny to you. She is a doll!
~~Susan

Anonymous said...

OMG yay!! Gosh that lil girl KICKS BOOTY!!! AWESOME JEN!! Pictures are needed though!!

HOLLY

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! How exciting! Now it's crunch time :)

Dani said...

How exciting!!!!! I can't wait until you say she's home!

Anonymous said...

wow!!!!!!! that is great news!!!! you must be thrilled!!!!! she is doing great!!!! such a piggie taking almost 2 ounces!! wow!! :) Im sooooo happy for you!!
Jessica

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! I got a lil' worried when I didn't see any updates for a few days. :)

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME!!!! I know you'll be busy but update when you can!
:-)

Georg