Sunday, May 18, 2008

She's home!

Sorry I didn't post sooner! We got home yesterday morning around 11am. We were home for a few hours and then stopped in at my cousin's birthday party and then we went to Doug's oldest brother's house for cake and ice cream for his younger son's birthday. Busy day! Brooke didn't seem bothered by it at all. She mostly just sleeps.


So far the most stressful part about having her home is her feedings. It can really be a struggle sometimes to get her "minimum" in her and she takes so long to eat sometimes. She's an endless burper and you can never be sure towards the end of the bottle if she needs to burp or is just done. I was actually in tears a couple times last night because I just felt like we weren't doing something right (which probably really isn't the "problem" at all...she just needs to get bigger and closer to her due date for her to eat better). We had no problems feeding her while we were "in" the hospital with her. Well, I guess we aren't technically having problems at home, it's just challenging and a little more overwhelming since we're on our own.


A home health nurse was here this morning to check up on her. Everything looks good so far, except we think she may have lost a tiny bit of weight. It's hard to say since she was weighed on different scales, though. At discharge she was 4lb. 11oz. and today she was 4lb. 10oz. But we'll be following up with the pediatrician this week and probably home health again, too. And depending on our insurance (the HH nurse is looking in to it tomorrow), she may keep coming once a week or something like that for awhile. I hope so...it would be great peace of mind to know she's growing okay! By the way, the nurse measured her at 18 inches!


Ryan just adores Brooke :*). He's always loving on her and it's so sweet. At one point yesterday he said it was *his turn to hold her. I sat beside him and he just sat there with his arms wrapped around her watching TV for a few minutes, lol. I would ask if I could take her back and he would say no. He will just out of the blue walk up and hug her and kiss her. So sweet. So far he seems to be taking to having her here okay, even earlier when I was feeding her and he wanted something and had to wait.


I do have some pictures to post sometime, but I'm not sure when I'll get to them. Hopefully soon!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on having her home!!

I remember how stressful the eating was when my two came home, adn the time I spent in tears prayig that they would eat what they needed to.

Crystal said...

OMGoodness, I am so happy for you. I have been off-line cause I am pregnant and sick, seeing this today made me cry!! Happy, Happy for you guys. We had a hard time feeding Landon the 1st 2 weeks home, after that it was fine. I am sure it will get easier. Good luck, update us when you can!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen!! I am so happy that you are all home together now! Try not to stress about the eating. I remember Christopher was difficult too and it was so hard sometimes. You will get through it - you all will!!
Kristie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I know you are thrilled to have her home. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Jen, I am so excited for you!! I was terrified when jaiden and dantae came home..jaiden was all bottles, but with dantae i was trying to breastfeed, and i was so paranoid he wouldnt gain weight when the nurse would come out! But eventually he got it! lol :) Are you still trying to breastfeed her?? I bet Ryan is so happy to have her home! and daddy too! :)
Jessica

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see that she is home and that Ryan loves her so much already! Good Luck with the feedings!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy!!! I don't even have words! :*)

Georg

Anonymous said...

YaY! I''m so happy to hear she's home.