Friday, May 23, 2008

Pediatrician appointment

Brooke had her first ped. appointment yesterday. According to their scale, she was 4lb. 14oz., one ounce more than the day before when home health was here : ). Everything else checked out fine with her and he wants to see her back in 2 weeks. She was so good for her appointment and didn't even fuss (or grunt, lol) while he was examining her.


She has been spitting up more than she was before. It's not a TON, so I'm not too worried yet. It's mostly soon after feedings and/or if she's jostled around too much or even lays flat. So she's been sleeping in her swing the past couple nights because I'm just too paranoid to lay her down in her bassinet and have her choke or something. We are thinking about getting her an Amby bed, used off of Ebay since they're so expensive (check out the link and read a little about them if you've never heard of them...they look pretty neat and comfy, too!) or one of these, which is basically the same thing, but much cheaper! I figure we can resell it, whichever one we get, whenever she's done with it : ). Ryan was not a spitter at all, so this is all new to us!!


I did mention the spitting up to the ped. and he said we shouldn't worry about it unless she starts doing it all the time and/or she's spitting up half or more of what she drinks. So we'll just keep an eye on it for now and hopefully it won't get any worse. I hate not knowing when it's going to come up and where it's going to land. LOL. Not to mention, whether or not she's going to choke on it : (. And sometimes she gets SO upset afterwards...it's pitiful : (.


Just a couple things I want to say about some comments that were left:


~I plan on getting a Dr. Brown's bottle to try with her to see if it helps with the gassiness (and maybe the spitting up). We tried the VentAire yesterday again and it was still a no go with her. Hopefully we'll be able to get her to take one of the 2 eventually!


~I did decide to stop pumping a couple weeks ago because of the stupid thrush (that I *still can't get totally rid of @@ <--- eye roll), so I never did breastfeed her : (. We have a lot of frozen breast milk in the freezer. Brooke's drinks half breast milk and half Similac Neosure (preterm baby formula).


Now it's time to go get ready to feed her! I'm STILL working on getting some pics up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It wouldn't surprise me if it is the neosure causing the gassiness, and spitting up. My two were gassy and spitting up as can be on the stuff.

I would try the new bottle when she is very sleepy during a feed and may not be the most aware of what is going on.

Molly

Anonymous said...

Have you given her one bottle of all breastmilk just to see if its the formula? Good luck with the new bottles!