Tuesday, May 27, 2008

5 pounds!

That's how much Brooke weighed today when the home health nurse came : ).


She's starting to hold her body temperature up a little better without have to be completely wrapped up in a blanket. I'm sure it helps that it's finally warming up outside and our house is staying warmer! She no longer likes having her arms wrapped in the blanket anyway. She gets sooo mad until you pull them out. LOL. So it's a good thing she's staying warm better!


Yesterday we had a cookout at my mom and dad's. She got to spend the whole day outside on the covered deck. Lots of fresh air!


We decided not to get the Amby bed for her. Instead I think we're going to get her a Boppy newborn lounger to sleep in for awhile. It's a heck of a lot cheaper AND I know of a few people whose babies slept in them for awhile due to reflux/spitting up issues. Either that or I'm thinking of trying her in the bouncy seat instead of the swing where she's been sleeping. I'm leaning towards the lounger due to the fact that I can put it beside me in the bed (king size bed and I sleep in it alone because the mattress kills Doug's back), however I'm worried about her getting used to sleeping in our bed and not being able to get her out. Ryan transitioned easily from the bouncy seat to his crib when he was around a year old, so hopefully :::fingers crossed::: Brooke will adapt to change just as well, lol.


Sorry I'm slacking so bad on pictures. I think I need to try out this Picasa site for pictures. It's such a pain for me to put the pics up on here. First I have to get them on to the computer. Then I rename them all according to date and resize them (make them smaller). Then I have to upload them to Photobucket and then C&P the links for the pics in to the blog. YUCK. It's getting old! I'll post some more soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay 5lbs! That's awesome news!
What about a pack n play? Do you already have one? Maybe you could set up the Boppy in that, so that she's separate from you but still in your room? I'm sure whatever you decide, it'll work out fine!

Anonymous said...

Wow Brooke is getting big so fast. I'm so proud of her!! She may have to upgrade to 0-3 month sleeprs soon ;-)

Anonymous said...

She's getting so big! I'm sure you're exhausted but you're doing great!! Sorry Ryan's being a pill-seems like kids are getting to the defiant stage earlier and earlier. :-)

Georg