Thursday, May 1, 2008

Holy moly!

First off, as of last night Brooke weighs 3lb. 15.7oz.! Four pounds, here she comes!


Second of all, I called down this morning to check on her and was told her feeding tube is OUT! They think she can take all her feedings by bottle!!! That is amazing! : ) I REALLY hope she proves them right and doesn't need it back in. If she doesn't, this means ALL she has to do to come home is get a little bigger and hit 35 weeks! Wow. She is amazing :*). I can't wait to see her today with NOTHING on her face! My aunt Kathy is taking me down this afternoon after Ryan goes to school (and she's coming in to see her, too, of course). Then I'm staying until this evening when Doug's mom comes down. The occupational therapist is there at the NICU today and she wants to show me how to do infant massage, so that should be fun. Hopefully Brooke likes it!


I should have lots of pics to post tomorrow : ).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like May 17 is looking better and better :*) How exciting to see her with no tubes!!! WTG and "grow" Brooke!

Anonymous said...

Ya know what momma, by the time you get to take Brookie home, in a few weeks(whoooohooo) You are going to be able to put pigtails in her hair lol. she has the most gorgeous long hair huh..
big hugs honey,. love janna

Anonymous said...

WHohooo goooo brooke man does this girl kick butt!!! She will be home in NO TIME!! How crazy is that!! Patiently waiting for todays pics hopefully!!! She changes sooo much from day to day!


Holly

Anonymous said...

What an amazing little girl you have! I can tell that she is getting more comfortable with being out of the womb- how she stretches out more and looks more relaxed. She is getting big!