Friday, September 12, 2008

Food For Thought Friday

I just made this Wednesday night. It is SOOO yummy and a total comfort food. I always double this recipe!

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Ingredients:
3 strips of bacon
1 1/2 lbs. potatoes, cut in to 1 in. cubes
1-10 3/4 oz. can condensed chicken broth
2 c. milk
1-8 oz. package Velveeta cheese, cubed
2 Tbsp. chives
1/2 c. sour cream

Directions:
Fry bacon, then crumble and return to pan.

Add potatoes and chicken broth and boil/simmer until potatoes are soft.

Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon and place in mixing bowl. Add just enough of the milk to mash the potatoes.

Return potatoes to pan with the chicken broth.

Blend in remaining milk and cheese and heat until cheese melts. Add sour cream and chives.

Enjoy!


Photobucket Image Hosting

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm a friend of Dani's and happened to stumble upon your blog (adorable kids, by the way) and saw this recipe... I can't wait to make it!!

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, but I know of you, if that makes sense lol I have a Nov03 "baby". I wanted to thank you for posting this YUMMY recipe! It is delicious!! Almost sinful haha I've made it twice now - once a single recipe and again as a double to split with my inlaws. We all thank you profusely! :)