Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy 6 Months, Brooke!

(Posted One Day Late)

I took these pictures yesterday, but never got around to posting them. I really cannot believe my baby is 6 months old already! Time goes by way too fast when you're an adult (and even faster once you have kids).


This month I'm going to throw in the previous months pictures for comparison....

June 26

July 26

August 26

September 26
Look at her sitting up! : )

September 26
Her hair is really growing in!


Photobucket

I think this is one of my all time favorite pics of Brooke...and I think it's even better in black and white.

Photobucket
She was sitting there so nicely! She sat there for the longest time watching Ryan play with his bowling set on the floor.

Brooke isn't due for tracking from Early Intervention until early November, unless I were to call and request it sooner. It seems to me that developmentally she is about in between her actual age and her adjusted age (3 months). She's getting close to sitting on her own. She can roll belly to back and rolls side to side all the time, so it's just a matter of time until she rolls back to belly. She is enjoying tummy time more and holding her head up a million times better than a month ago and even holding her chest up at times. She is really starting to bat at toys and reach for them and can even grab them a lot of the time now! Brooke really enjoys laying under activity mat and is able to pull the handle on the little flower that's on it and make it play music.

I'm sure you remember me venting on here before about the difficult times I was having with her being so fussy and needy. My mom kept telling me to give her time and she would probably outgrow it, but I was worried she wouldn't. Turns out I was worried for nothing because she is turning in to a mostly pleasant little baby, instead of a mostly fussy one, lol. She really enjoys hanging out under her play mat these days. She definitely has the self soothing thing down courtesy of sucking her thumb! The other day she layed under her mat and put herself to sleep by sucking her thumb THREE different times. LOL. That night I tried putting her to bed awake, but it wasn't happening. Hopefully eventually she will go down awake. I still have her sleeping in her Boppy pillow inside the bassinet due to her reflux, but I don't think I'm going to be able to do that too much longer. I think she's already getting to the point of wanting to roll around and be freer. I'm sort of afraid to have her lay down to sleep with the reflux, even though it's remarkably better. I'm afraid of her choking and not hearing her. I know they make the crib wedges, but the problem is at the moment we have nowhere to put her crib. Plus, it doesn't seem to me that she would just eventually end up rolling right down the wedge. LOL. Maybe some night I'll try just laying her in the bassinet and see how she does.

Well, that's my little update on my now 6 month old! Thanks for reading ; ).


Photobucket Image Hosting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 6 months Brooke! We're so proud of how far you've come!
Love,
Krista, Anika and Co.

Anonymous said...

WT-grow Brooke! Olivia's mood is getting better too :)