Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I was wrong!

Yesterday it was terrible trying to get Brooke to take her bottles. She would act starving, but when I would go to feed her, she would scream. I'd finally get her to drink, she would stop to burp, and then scream again when I would try to feed her. But she was acting hungry. She'd never done this before. she was also only taking 2 ounces at a time instead of 3 or more. She was also a lot more fussy than she has been...just screaming at times. Finally about 9:30 last night I started thinking maybe she had an ear infection, especially with her just getting over a cold. So I packed her up and took her to the ER, not wanting to chance her having an infection and waiting until today and it getting much worse. Well, her ears are clear! So who knows why she was being so crabby and not wanting to eat. Her cold is almost completely gone. I guess I'll just chalk it up to really bad gas. We got home a little before 11 last night and she drank a couple ounces and then went down for the night, back up at 4 and drank almost 3 ounces, and then slept again until almost 8:30 (of course Ryan was up at 6...GRRRR). Then when she got up, she drank almost 4 ounces and is now napping. So hopefully whatever was bothering her yesterday is gone today.


We have taken Ryan to the ER many times in the past due to me suspecting something was wrong that needed to be addressed ASAP and my intuition was always right! We've taken him in for pnuemonia, bronchitis, dehydration, and ear infections (he's only had 2 of those, both double ones). So this was my first time going in for nothing. There goes $35 (co-pay) out the window, but at least I got some peace of mind. I'm still learning this little girl, though...so that's my story and I'm stickin' to it ; ).



Photobucket Image Hosting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope she's feeling better soon, Jen! Could she have a sore throat? Took us a while but we finally started to be able to tell when Zach and Logan had sore throats with their colds. It's hard because they want to eat so bad, but it hurts when they swallow! Hope you figure it out soon! (and at least your copay is only $35- ours is $75, lol)
((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
~Heather

JBGRIGS said...

I hope Brooke feels better soon. I agree it's better to be safe then sorry, I would have taken my Ryan if I thought something was wrong. You are a great Mommy. Keep up the good work :)