Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ear infections and pink eye

Sorry for going MIA. My last post was about Ryan getting sick last Friday. He ran a fever late in to Friday night, but Saturday when he woke up, he was feeling a lot better. Still coughing, but not acting sick.

Sunday morning, Brooke started sneezing and running a lowgrade fever. By Sunday evening, her fever wasn't staying below 100 and that was with tylenol and ibuprofen in her system and she was downright miserable : (. Sunday night was ROUGH. She was in bed with me, but woke up every 15-30 minutes (and 30 minutes is being generous). By the wee morning hours, I could tell I was getting sick, too. I also noticed that Brooke's left eye was seeping a ton and was all red. I suspected pink eye.

The kids both already had doctor appointments scheduled for Monday afternoon. Ryan was supposed to be getting his pre-op. physical for his sedated eye exam that was supposed to be this coming Monday (but I called Tuesday and rescheduled it for the 11th) and Brooke was supposed to have her 1 year check up. Instead they both went in for sick visits. They both have ear infections and I was right about Brooke having pink eye. I also had the doctor check Ryan's hearing because it seems he is having a lot of trouble hearing lately, I'm guessing (hoping) from being sick. Ryan was able to hear all the beeps. If he hasn't improved in a week or so, I'll be making an appointment with an ENT, just to be safe.

Here is what Brooke looked like Monday.



She ran a fever all day Monday yet, but it stayed lower than it was Sunday evening. She slept pretty well Monday night (MUCH better than Sunday night). By Tuesday, she was feeling a ton better : ).





In the 2nd picture, Brooke is standing at the TV and Yo Gabba Gabba is on. Personally, I'm not a big fan of that show, but she LOVES it and it's the only show that she gets excited about. It's really cute. And I think I have to give thanks to that show for her learning how to dance ; ). They dance all the time on there and she loves it. She also waves now...started that on Monday. We've been working on that for awhile : ).

And so he's not left out, here's a pic of my little man : ).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor babies!!!!!!!

Yo Gabba Gabba is banned in my house... seriously, I'll deal with the Wiggles and Barney anyday over that, lol.

Anonymous said...

I hope the kids get well and stay well. Hope you are feeling better too.

Claire said...

Hey Jen!! You won my EAD giveaway, I'm not sure which email addy you use so can you email me please?? Thanks!!