Friday, April 24, 2009

Unheard of...

I know Ryan is really sick when he's sleeping at 6:00 in the evening. It is unheard of for him to sleep in the middle of the day, even when he IS sick, unless it's in the car. As the day went on today, he was coughing more and more. Around 4:00 I noticed he felt warm and checked his temp. Under his arm it was 100.1. He ate a little bit of soup for supper...but I had to feed it to him. He could hardly keep his eyes open. After he ate, he threw up a little bit of mucous (luckily it was on the linoleum in the kitchen, lol) when he was coughing. Yesterday, Grandma (my MIL) was over and told him that she would take him outside today. He was determined he was going outside, sick and all. It's beautiful out today, about 80 degrees. If he didn't have a fever, he might've went out. But I was not sending him out with a fever. Not to mention the fact that he could not stay awake. I'm not sure how long I should let him sleep! He was up a tad earlier than usual this morning, but nothing major. I just don't want him not being ready to go to bed his usual time (8:00) tonight. But with how miserable he is, I'm thinking he could probably sleep straight through from now until tomorrow morning : (. I hope he feels better tomorrow and is able to go out and enjoy the weather! It's supposed to be beautiful all weekend. I'm also hoping we can make it to church on Sunday. My poor baby :(.

2 comments:

Heather K said...

I hope Ryan's better now! Logan puked yesterday, and his temp is 101.4 now :( Not used to this, we never have puke and fevers!
Healthy vibes coming his way, and prayers that Brooke doesn't catch it!

Anonymous said...

Poor guy :( I read your comment on FB though, and glad to see he is better! It's the fever that drains them. When Gabe is sick like that, he will sleep from 5 pm till the next morning sometime. I don't even try to keep him awake because I know he'll sleep straight through.