Saturday, April 11, 2009

Pretty as a Princess




Even princesses stick out their tongues ; ).

_________________________________________________________

I also have to brag. This is the 4th day that Brooke has gone down for her naps awake and gone to sleep on her own! She's done this before, sporadically, but never kept at it. She is taking her 8th nap like this as we speak (she takes 2 a day)! (I used to always bounce her to sleep in her bouncy seat and then transfer her to her crib after she fell asleep.) The trick is to put her little blanket/lovey in there (obviously) and a couple small toys. Don't lay her down, but SIT her in there, turn on her crib toy and leave the room. She thinks she's just in there to play, so she'll lay down and go to sleep, lol. If I just lay her in there with her blanket, FORGET IT. Now if only I could get her to do it at night. The last time I tried, she just cried and cried. But that was at least a month ago, so I may have to try it again. Lately as soon as she's done drinking her night time bottle, she grabs her blanket and stuffs her thumb in her mouth and I cuddle her and she's out in like 2 minutes. So maybe I should try laying her down before she goes to sleep. But then again...I don't know if I'm ready to give up those cuddles yet :*).

1 comment:

Malania said...

awwww... she is so cute!