Saturday, April 18, 2009

It came!

Brooke's carseat came yesterday morning, less than 48 hours after I ordered! Holy fast shipping! I was so excited to see the box sitting in the kitchen when I got home from grocery shopping : ). After I got all the food put away, I opened the box up and pulled it out. I had to wait for Brooke to wake up from her nap to put her in it, but I was good and patient and didn't wake her up sooner, lol. She thought she was hot stuff, as you can see from the picture : ). So I already knew I loved the seat, but I was a little apprehensive about installing it in the car. The Cosco Scenera was a total PITA to get in properly and I am anal when it comes to installing carseats correctly (I wish more people were like that). I didn't get a chance to put it in until yesterday afternoon and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it seriously took me less than 5 minutes to get that sucker in correctly and so tight that it doesn't budge at all! I love LATCH! I didn't try it with the seatbelt, but with LATCH it was SO easy. And I didn't even have to use rolled towels under the seat so it was level like I did with the Scenera. The base on the Marathon is so much nicer. Brooke got to ride in her new seat for the first time yesterday evening. It was a breeze strapping her in and adjusting the straps to fit her securely, unlike the Scenera. I just LOVE the Marathon! I think I mentioned before that Ryan is in a Britax Regent. I love that seat, too! It is just so easy to use and is also an easy install in our car. He woke up early yesterday morning, so he ended up falling asleep while we were out and about, which rarely happens anymore!

P.S. I put Brooke down awake tonight at bedtime for the first time in awhile and for the first time ever (at bedtime), she went to sleep on her own! No fussing or crying, either! She's still doing awesome for naps, too : ). She's getting so big! Not sure if I should be : ) or : ( about that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's awesome! I love that seat. I see you are still rear facing, that is great. How long can you rear face with that seat? I also like Ryan's seat. Awesome news about Brooke's sleeping. I hope this is the beginning of something good for you. Are you all finally feeling better?

JBGRIGS said...

She is so cute in her big girl car seat :)

Anonymous said...

I love seeing kids properly buckled into their carseats :) Looks quite comfy :)