Monday, October 13, 2008

All Nighter

Brooke pulled an all nighter on me last night.


No, she didn't stay up all night....she SLEPT all night! She drank a bottle around 10:15 and was sleeping by 10:45 and didn't wake up until 7:30. :::sigh::: It was great! I wish she would do that more often.


She's been driving me NUTS eating the last couple days. I'm not real sure if it's her cold or what, but most of the time she will only drink her bottle if she's half asleep. Otherwise she just screams. So before I can feed her, I have to jiggle her (both her and Ryan have liked the jiggling, lol)until she's almost asleep and then pop the bottle in her mouth and she'll eat. It can be very frustrating because she will sometimes fight sleep. I really can't figure out WHY she is doing this. If I try to feed her while she's awake, she will suck a few times and then unlatch and start crying. And then I do the sleep thing. Grrrrrr.


Her cold does seem to be getting better, so hopefully that's what's making her do this and she will stop and get back to her normal self. She also has not been eating as much, but seems to gradually be picking back up. Saturday night she went for almost 5 hours without eating (lately she's been eating every 2 hours), so I was getting a little worried. It was about 8:30pm and I was starting to freak out because she wouldn't eat. I finally got her to sleep and then she took her bottle. What a strange kid. Then I got her to drink some more at 10:30, so I felt much better. All day Saturday she was going 3-3.5 hours between eating and sleeping a lot. I'm sure she was just fighting the cold off. Yesterday she was back to eating every 2 hours, but just not quite the volume she had been taking before she got sick. But like I said, I think she's starting to perk up and in the next few days will be back to her old routine.



Photobucket Image Hosting

3 comments:

JBGRIGS said...

I hope she feels completely better soon (((hugs))) WOOHOO on sleeping all night :)

Anonymous said...

She could definitely have a sore throat, or maybe she can't breathe normal when she's eating. Could also be from teething!
Hope she feels better soon! (((((((((hugs)))))))))))
~Heather

Anonymous said...

I was also going to ask/suggest if you haven't had her reflux med dose (I seem to remember she is on Zantac right?) increased recently it might be time to do that again. I know that with DS it was very weight dependent.

Hope you all get to feel better soon!