Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy 7 Months, Brooke!

One year ago this month, I found out I was pregnant! I was happy, yet scared. Scared of losing her like we lost Zachary. Yet here we are, one year later with a 7 month old healthy baby girl :*). God is good! No...God is GREAT!


Photobucket

She is not yet sitting up on her own, but she does great with support. She doesn't stay on her tummy long enough to try to scoot yet. She can almost roll back to belly, but still isn't able to get her arm out from under her. She LOVES to stand. It makes her so happy. She's very observant and is always looking around and checking things out. Out of the last 2 weeks, she's slept through the night all but maybe 3 nights, which is GREAT, and I'm really hoping we're turning the corner on that and soon she won't wake up at all (or at least rarely). She's been napping in her crib the last couple days and goes down awake and falls asleep on her own AND sleeps longer! She really seems to love her crib : ). I turn on her Dreamscapes Soother and that does the trick. Sometimes she fusses a little bit and I go in and comfort her a little bit without picking her up and she settles right down. Other times, she doesn't make a peep before going to sleep. She's still been eating every 2 hours during the day, which honestly sucks, but I deal with it. She takes between 3.5-4oz. at a time usually, but if she goes longer than 2 hours (like the other day we were out and about and she didn't seem to want to eat, so we fed her when we got home and it had been 3.5 hours), she won't take any more than that! Is that weird? Her tracking for Early Intervention is coming up soon (beginning of next month), so I'll update on that about how she's progressing. She may qualify for services this time. Last time she was borderline for a 4 month old, but I know she's further behind at 7 months for her actual age than she was for 4 months. But I also think she's above a 4 month (her adjusted age) level in most areas, so that's good!

Okay, the little peanut is waking up for a nap, so I gotta go! Thanks for reading : ).


P.S. She goes back in for shots tomorrow...I can't wait to see how much she weighs!


Photobucket Image Hosting

4 comments:

Sadie said...

Happy Seven Months to the cutest little cupcake!

Dani said...

I cannot believe she is 7 months old already!

A.V.A said...

Wow, 7 months already!!! Feels like just yesterday you were updating about her being in the NICU! They grow too fast. Though, I can't wait for her to get older so we can go shopping together. I want my boys to stay babies forever and my daughter to be my shopping partner, LMAO!

BTW...come over and accept your bloggy award mama!

JBGRIGS said...

wow 7 months already. she is a cutie. I'm happy to hear that she is doing well.