Saturday, October 18, 2008

:::yawn:::

I knew it was too good to last. The last 2 mornings Brooke was up at 5 to eat. Nothing in her evening schedule/routine has changed. It's so frustrating knowing she can sleep all night until 7:30, but then being woken at 5 because she decides she needs to eat for whatever reason. LOL. I'm really hoping that the fact that she's not sleeping through the night yet (on a consistent or even mostly consistent basis) doesn't mean that this is going to be a loooong term thing with her. I know some babies/kids just don't sleep through the night for a year or two and I'm praying that is not the case with her, lol. This mommy does not do good on little or broken sleep. Maybe I'll just start staying up at 5am if she gets up at that time because I think I may feel better than I do when I try to go back to sleep for another hour or so (because she usually doesn't go back to sleep for 30-45 minutes after she wakes and Ryan is almost always up by 7).


I KNOW we got super lucky with Ryan's sleep habits. When he came home from the NICU, we had to feed him every 3 hours around the clock. THAT was hard (Brooke came home eating every 4 hours, which was better). Then he went back in 2 weeks later with congestive heart failure and was in for 3 weeks. Came home for 5 days and was still eating every 3 hours, but went back in for pneumonia and was in another 3 weeks. When he came home that time, he had a feeding tube through his nose (long story) and we had to work him back up to taking all his bottles by mouth (which luckily was no problem) and I had to get up in the middle of the night to change his feeding bag. But once he got back on all bottles, we were allowed to let him sleep all night if he wanted to and see if he gained okay, and he did both! At that point he was about 9 months actual/5 months adjusted. And he's slept through the night ever since, minus when he was younger and would be sick and then one phase he went through around 2 years where he would wake up occasionally crying in the middle of the night.


Soooo Brooke is not yet as old as he was when he started sleeping through the night (she has another month and a half to go), so I'll try not to worry about her NOT sleeping through the night until then. LOL.

Photobucket Image Hosting

2 comments:

Brandi said...

((HUGS))it will happen soon enough. Miley is almost 9 months old and sometimes wakes up every 2 hours :) I tell myself that someday I will miss not getting up to nurse her!

Gena said...

I hope she starts sleeping soon!!