Friday, April 11, 2008

2lb. 10.3oz.!!!

Brooke finally made it back to her birthweight! She's actually 10 grams above it, at 1200 grams exactly. Woooohoooo! She gained very well the past 3 nights. I think the trend will continue now. She is also back down to 1.5L flow on her nasal cannula, still in room air. Her feedings are still at 15cc's every 2 hours, but she may get bumped up a cc today or tomorrow since she's gaining well and bigger.


I went down last night again with Doug's mom and kangarooed her. I had her curled up on my chest right between my boobs and that little stinker got her upper body twisted around so her head was in the crook of my right arm! LOL. At one point she had her left arm under head and then she had both arms curled in front of her. She's so cute and I can't believe how strong she is! After I was done holding her was when she got weighed and then she was wide awake. It's so neat to see her "looking around" (I don't think she can see very much at this point).


I don't have time to post pics right now, but be on the lookout for some new ones soon! : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend you go on some good probiotics to help your body overcome the yeast. I battled with it for 2 months when Rebecca was a newborn. What finally did it was my taking Culturelle, which is a probiotic that you can find at places like Walgreen's. You also may need to sterilize your pump parts on a regular basis to try to keep from reinfecting yourself. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. I always feel down for the first 2-3 weeks after I have my babies.

Anonymous said...

Whohoo Go brooke keep on kicking booty!! She will be home in no time!!


HOLLY