Saturday, April 19, 2008

Just not ready yet (edited)

Brooke pooped out sometime during the night and is back on the nasal cannula, currently 2L flow at 23% oxygen. She started having a lot of heart rate dips and was forgetting to breathe more often. Oh well, she gave it her all! ; ) Hopefully it won't be toooo much longer until she can come off and stay off. It took Ryan a couple tries to ditch the ventilator, so we're not too surprised Brooke didn't make it on her first try off the nasal cannula, either.


Other than that, she's still doing great : ).



*edited*


Shame on me! I forgot to say that she is now 4 grams above 3lbs.! AND last night they moved her over to the "other side" of the NICU where the bigger babies are! : )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! She graduated, early! I'm so excited for her!
WTG, Brooke! :)

~Heather

Anonymous said...

Awww. She'll make it over that hurdle completely soon Jen. She doing awesome overall. I like what you call her also "lil miss piggy". I'm glad she gaining weight and she's doing it quickly. So i guess her nickname suits her well :-)

Anonymous said...

Jen I can't believe how well she is doing! Even if she had to be put back on it, she's still doing wonderfully :) I read your blog daily and am just amazed at her progress. You have truly been blessed... with both of your babies :*) And she *is so long!!