Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thursday A.M. Update

First, here are the pics from Tuesday evening.


Photobucket
Ryan seeing Brooke for the 2nd time.

Photobucket
"What do you mean I can't put my hands in there? That's not fair!"

Photobucket
This one is taken from above.

Photobucket
And this one from straight on.

Now for the update. Before I forget, she's up to 2lb. 6oz., so she's starting to gain : ). Her feedings are now at 8cc's every 2 hours (I'm now wondering if that 2 hours is actually 3 hours and the nurse said it wrong when I called this morning, but maybe not...I'll find out for sure tonight when I go down). I guess Brooke had a rough night with the heart rate drops and forgetting to breathe...it happened a lot. Her nurse wasn't sure what the problem was. She thought maybe she was refluxing. Today they are doing a white blood count on her to make sure she's not getting sick. I pray that's not it. Her nurse this morning did say that she looks wonderful and is acting appropriate, so those are good signs. Maybe it was just a bad night! I hope so.

My mom is making my "birthday dinner" tonight....swedish meatballs, mashed potatoes, and not sure what veggie. Then her, my dad, and I are going down to see Brooke. I'm hoping to kangaroo her tonight. Kangaroo care is when you hold the baby bare skin to bare skin on your chest. It's supposed to be really good for them, especially very early preemies. When she's a bit bigger we'll be able to just hold her swaddled in a blanket like a regular baby.


So I guess that's the update for now! Please say an extra prayer that she's NOT coming down with an infection and that she just had a bad night. She's a week old now and no problems...I hope we can keep it that way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVEEEEEE those pictures!! Priceless faces in Ryans! She is kicking butt momma and prayers are always being said from here! I know she will be home soon just wish time would go by faster so that your family can finally be complete and at home all together!


Holly

Crystal said...

She looks great, I bet she was just exta tired last night. I can;t believe she is gainning already WTG Brooke!