Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Funny faces

Brooke is still doing well off the nasal cannula : ). Since yesterday afternoon she hasn't even been needing it during feedings (except when I tried feeding her last night...more about that below)! She now weighs 3lb. 11.3oz. At this rate, she'll be over 6lbs. 'til she comes home. LOL.


I went down last night and got some funny pics...I'll post them at the bottom. I was there for her 8:00 feeding. Again, she was barely awake and not too in to it. She was mostly using the nipple as a pacifier. Then she started dropping her sats...they would go down in to the 70's and then back up in to the 90's. So her nurse put her nasal cannula on her and gave her some flow and a little bit of O2. But by then, Brooke wanted nothing to do with the bottle, so the rest went down her feeding tube. I don't know if it's that time (8:00) or me or what!? LOL.


Now on to the pictures...the funny ones are the close ups of her face ; ). Between the faces she's making in some of them and her nose being squished by the way the feeding tube is and the hat, they're just funny! (Sorry some of these first ones are so dark...#1) our camera sucks sometimes and #2) it's hard to get decent pics through the isolette sometimes!)


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is really looking so well!! Not that much longer and you can bring her home!! What a beauty!

Anonymous said...

One month already... gosh time flies. She looks fantastic! I'm so glad to read she's tolerating bottle feedings and off the canela still! Yahoo. WTG Brooke! She'll be home before you know it Jen :)

-Renee

Anonymous said...

wow a month old!! and she has gained a little more than a pound since birth!!! so awesome!! :) She looks great!!!!
jessica

Anonymous said...

She is doing great!!! I remember Ryan was right around 6 pounds when he came home right? I remember him gaining really well! One thing about the feeding is sometimes parents are not agressive enough. Ask the nurse to feed her the bottle infront of you and watch how she does it. Also remember the lower jaw support with your finger it helps them conserve more energy ask your nurse about it. I wish I could be there with you to help!!

LOVE HOLLY!!

PS I dont always leave comments but I read your blogs EVERYDAY non stop!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!! She looks like she is doing the YMCA!! These pictures are too funny, I love them!