Friday, April 18, 2008

What's missing...

...from this picture?


Photobucket

We got down to the NICU about 11:30 this morning and found out that they had taken Brooke off the nasal cannula (around 10:30)! I guess her nose was getting pretty dried out and they decided to let her try to go without it. She was doing well while we were there...hopefully she won't need it again! : )

Last night Li'l Missy Piggy weighed in at 2lb. 15.8oz.! Two tenths of an ounce away from 3lbs.! She should hit 3lbs. tonight : D. Her feedings were increased to 18cc's every 2 hours today. And her nurse said that soon they'll be moving her to every 3 hours instead of every 2.

Today I gave her a bath for the first time. Monday I got a demo on how to do it, so I knew how : ). She seems to enjoy baths, for now anyway. She doesn't fuss or cry at all! Check it out (Doug took these):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After her bath, we got her out to hold her for a little while. I took a picture of her in her sleeper (one of the preemie ones we got at the shower) and hat after I put her back in. I can't believe how much she was filling it out length-wise....her feet were almost to the end of it! She's SO long!

Photobucket

She was laying there so comfy and sound asleep and then I had to bother her to undress her, lol. She went right back to sleep, though.

And here's another funny hat pic from yesterday! I love it! LOL.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Sheila said...

WOOHOO!! WTG Brooke! What a great surprise one tube to go and she's home ward bound.

Stacey said...

AAAAhahaha, the look on her face...look at my HAT!!!! lol She is such a piggy and will be home in no time!!

Anonymous said...

tooo cute!! that last picture is soooo priceless!!! Even the look on her face looks like she is laughing!

HOLLY

Anonymous said...

That last picture cracked me up she is just too cute! With that hat on she reminds me of one of the who children in whoville... :OP She'll be home in no time Jen!