Friday, April 4, 2008

I held her!

I got to do kangaroo (skin to skin holding) care with Brooke for the first time last night! Such an amazing feeling. She was a little wiggly until she got comfy, but then she pretty much just slept the whole time (about an hour). She got the hiccups and sounded SO cute. Here are a couple pics of the 2 of us:


Photobucket

Photobucket

Okay, on to the update and then I have some more pics. Since she was having a rough night Wednesday night, they bumped her air flow back up to 2 liters from 1.5. She's still there. No big deal. Her bloodwork came back great, no sign of infection : ). She had a better day yesterday and a better night last night. Her feedings are now up to 9cc's every 2 hours and she's doing awesome with them. In fact, she's doing so well with her feedings that they are probably taking out her IV today! Woohoo! She's now up to 2lb. 7oz. There are 28 grams in an ounce and she gained 20grams between Wednesday night and last night...so almost an ounce! And I think that's about all there is to report right now, so here's some more pics : ).

These first ones were taken right after we got there...she was all cozy on her belly, sleeping away.
Photobucket
She's going to need a hair cut until she gets out! LOL.

Photobucket
She was sucking on her fingers : ).

Photobucket
Here she is beside one of her cloth diapers...it's an XS Wonder Works All In One. I'm going to take her picture by this every week to show how much she grows!

Photobucket
With my hand.

And these pictures were taken after she was put back in after kangarooing. Of course then she was wide awake when we were ready to leave! These are the first pictures of her with her eyes open : ).
Photobucket
That's my mom's hand in there.

Photobucket
She's soooo cute :*).

Sometime soon I'm going to try to post some comparison pics of her and Ryan (from when he was in the NICU)! I think she looks a lot like him (definitely has his nose).

That's all for now!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww she is so cute! I love the pictures with her eyes open :) Mia is sitting here saying "Aww babyyyy coot!" (cute)

Anonymous said...

Wow what a cool "birthday" gift! I am so excited to read updates!

Sheila from Due in June Board

Anonymous said...

she may look like him but she looks so much bigger and "better" than his NICU pics! I can't believe how big she looks!

A.V.A said...

OMG she's so cute! I love all her hair. She looks so comfy laying on mama.

Marissa said...

She is SO beautiful, Jen! Congratulations and I will pray the next few weeks sail smoothly by. Look at ALL THAT HAIR!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Awww! She is so cute and I think she looks exactly like Ryan! I'm so glad you got to hold her!

jill said...

Hey Sweetie!! She is gorgeous!!! She honestly looks GREAT!! Those steroids work wonders. My computer broke and i had little to no access for the past almost three weeks. So welcome Brooke!!!!

Jill, Logan and Zoe

Anonymous said...

Jen she is so gorgeous. I love the one of her sucking her fingers. And she looks so content laying with her momma. I'll be praying that your NICU stay is quick and uneventful. Congrats on your newest little one.


-April

Anonymous said...

I love the last pic!! What a cutie pie!! :-)

Georg

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, look at all that hair! What a cutiepie! I'm so glad you got to do kangaroo care with her today. That must be an amazing feeling!

Crystal said...

She is soo cute!! and doing wonderful, You look like you are dong good recovering from the section. I can't wait for the comparison pictures, I think they look a lot alike too.

Anonymous said...

Yaay for Kangaroo Care!!!! I'm so glad that Brooke is not getting an infection. I love her "open eyed" pics, she's so beautiful. I can't wait to see the comparison pics. I'm still praying for her (((HUGS)))