Saturday, April 5, 2008

Just a quick one

My sister and her boyfriend took me down to the NICU this afternoon to visit Brooke. She is now in a plain old isolette....no fancy Giraffe like she was. They try to keep those for the smaller, sicker babies since they're so high tech, I guess. So that was cool to see : ). She is also off her bili blanket, so her jaundice is cleared up. Her feedings will now be increasing 1 cc every 12 hours. Right now she's at 12 cc's every 2 hours. At 10pm tonight she'll go to 13 cc's every 2 hours and at 10am tomorrow she'll go to 14 cc's every 2 hours, etc. I didn't think to ask how high they would go. From Thursday night to last night she only gained 5 grams, but at least she gained : ). I'll be going down sometime tomorrow afternoon or evening with Doug's mom and plan to kangaroo her again : ).

Oh and by the way, a cc is also equal to a millileter : ).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brooke you are a trouper girl!! Jen you birthed a strong girl who will in turn be a strong, successful woman. I'm tearing up at how well she's doing.