Thursday, April 17, 2008

from 3lbs.! Last night Brooke weighed in at 2lb. 14.9oz. The night before she was 2lb. 13oz., so that's a pretty big gain. It *might not be accurate. We'll see what she weighs tonight!


She got a blood transfusion yesterday, which is not a huge surprise she ended up needing one. With getting blood taken for lab work, the little ones just can't always replenish their red blood cells fast enough. Ryan had numerous transfusioins while he was in. He also recieved platelets quite a few times.


Today they decided to increase her feedings to 17cc's every 2 hours.


Last night I went down with my Aunt Kathy and Uncle Rodger so they could see Brooke for the first time : ). Then I stayed and Doug's mom came down. The plan was for her to hold her for the first time, but then her nurse said that she really would rather I kangarooed her because her temp had been a little low. So hopefully she'll get to hold her sometime this weekend!


Here's some pics!


Photobucket

Photobucket
This was taken when she was getting her 8:00 feeding. Her nurse actually gave her a few tastes of my milk while she was sucking on the pacifier. She was really going to town on it!

Photobucket
Check out this hat! LOL. I first saw it on a baby on someone else's blog. I linked my June (pregnancy) loop to it because I thought it was so funny/cute. They went together and got this hat for Brooke : ). Doug hates it. LOL. I just think it's hysterical!

Photobucket
Here's her collection so far! The polar bear came with my flowers from the Cloth Diaper Board. I just got her the little flower and the doll yesterday. The doll is "Taggies" brand and has tags all over it since babies seem to love them so much. I thought it was adorable! That pink paper hanging below is where they chart her weight. It looks so empty because they just started a second one for her. I really like that they do that because it's easy to just go in and write them down instead of always bugging the nurse about her weight! : )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that hat Jen!! do you think they make them in adult sizes, hehe!!

Rochelle

Anonymous said...

So glad the hat fits her!! I'm so happy that she is growing so well!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jen, to me, she REALLY looks like Ryan in that first picture!

~Heather