Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Eye Exam

Brooke had an eye exam yesterday and everything looked good! Whew! Most of you probably know that Ryan developed Retinopathy of Prematurity (R.O.P. ~ you can google it) while in the NICU, which required a few laser surgeries on his eyes (more in his right than left). In turn, the scar tissue from the surgery caused his right retina to detach, so he is now probably legally blind in his right eye. Brooke should be in the clear from developing this, though.


Last night she weighed in at 3lb. 4.5oz.! Her feedings are now at 32cc's every 3 hours. WOW! I'm not sure if she had a bottle yesterday, but I know her nurse told me a little bit ago that she was going to give her one at her 11am feeding. Doug and I will be going in this evening, but not in time for a feeding : (. Maybe we can give her a bath, though!


Well, I think that's all for now! I should have some new pics to post tomorrow : ).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! That's awesome news, Jen! What a load off your mind, having her passt the eye exam. Way to go, Brooke!

~Heather

Crystal said...

Yay!! Brooke is doing so well, and I am so happy to get good news from you every day! I hope you get to feed her a bottle soon. I know in our NICU they always started at night or the 2am feeding because it was calmer for the babies! And 32cc! Already?? Wow, WTG Brooke!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad to hear that her eye exam went to so well. Sounds like she is doing awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Jen she is doing so great!! She is getting so big!!!! Thats awesome that she passed the eye test, im sure your relieved!! :) Hows Ryan doing? Getting use to the idea of having a sister!? :)
Jessica