Tuesday, April 15, 2008

3lbs. here we come...

Brooke is now up to 2lb. 12oz.! It will be so awesome when she hits 3lbs. : ). She's still doing wonderful. Still on 1L flow, still tolerating her feedings. Not much to report!


Last night my mom and I went down to see her. My dad was supposed to go, but he came down with a cold. We got there and her nurse was going to let me bath her, but I decided to let her show me how they do it first. She said they are normally bathed on Mondays and Thursdays when they're this small and that if we're ever not going to be there on one of those nights and we want to bath her another night we can : ). My mom and I were both amazed at how calm Brooke was during her bath! (It was just a sponge bath.) We figured she would be fussing and crying, but she didn't at all! You could tell she wasn't completely thrilled with it, though.


After her bath, she got dressed...
Photobucket

Photobucket
...so that she could warm up, so that....

Photobucket
....Nanny (my mom) could hold her for the first time! : ) She was so excited to be able to hold her.

Photobucket

I held her for a little while, too. Then we put her back in her bed so she could warm up again before she got out to get weighed. She looks so cute in clothes!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable! WTG Brooke gaining weight like a big girl!

Crystal said...

3 Pounds (Almost) Yay!! WTG Brooke!

Anonymous said...

Yay, Brooke!
Meeting her in person was amazing~ I am totally in awe of her. Pictures just don't do her justice, at all. I can't wait to meet her at home instead of in the hospital!
~Heather

Anonymous said...

She's doing so well and is such an amazing little girl! Love her clothes!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww-so precious! And I'm sure your mom loved getting to hold her!!!

Hugs!
Georg

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!

I didn't even know you had her, until I checked the board! She is just adorable! And she is doing Just great! Look forward to reading more!!!! Congrats, sweetie :)

Love,
Sarah and Brooke
December 03 board :)