Sunday, April 13, 2008

Update and lots of pics!

First here are the pics from Thursday night (when she hit 2lbs. 10.3oz.). I haven't had a chance to post them until now!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I love baby feet ; )

Photobucket
She looks SO long here!

Photobucket
Doug always puts his hand on his chest just like this, lol.

Brooke is still doing awesome! She's currently on 1.5L flow (been bouncing between 2L and 1.5L). Her feedings got increased 1cc per feeding today so she'll now be getting 16cc's every 2 hours. Friday night she gained a whopping 4 grams, lol...and last night she gained 20 grams, so she's now up to 2lb. 11oz.!

I went in this morning to see her and this is how I found her:

Photobucket

So sweet...looks like she could just be tucked right back inside me ; ). I asked her nurse if I could hold her and she said sure. I was waiting for her to bring some warm blankets to kangaroo her and then she came over and asked if I needed help getting her out. I told her maybe since I was there by myself. I told her I'd gotten her out to kangaroo her before (with help) and she said she was big enough to dress her and hold her : ). They keep sleepers there for the babies to wear so she went and got one and told me I could dress her and wrap her up and get her out : ). So here she is wearing her first clothes:

Photobucket
The sleeper is just a *tad big, lol.

I asked her nurse if we could bring her clothes in to wear and she said sure, just to bring a couple at a time and make sure we initial them so they don't get mixed up with their things. I don't have any pics of me holding her since I was there by myself. But here are a couple more I took after I put her back in (and changed another poopy diaper).

Photobucket

Photobucket

My baby shower was yesterday and it was great! We had a lot of people come and Brooke got lots of goodies. One of the coolest gifts was from our friends Heather and Jeramy (and their boys Zachary and Logan). Heather and I first "met" on an AOL message board when she was pregnant with Zachary and I was pregnant with Ryan (we were both due in December). She came to Ryan's first birthday party and we've been attending each other's kids parties ever since! So anyway, Heather is a scrapbooker and she made us a beautiful "pre-made" scrapbook so all we have to do is add pictures to it! There's actually 2 scrapbooks...the 2nd one contains poems, pictures, messages, etc. from other girls from our message board that I've also grown quite close to (but haven't had the pleasure of meeting most of them in real life). They are both beautiful and so special to me! Brooke also received 2 handmade blankets and a handmade sweater and bonnet. She got some preemie clothes, too, which are in the washing machine right now so we'll be able to take them to the hospital for her to wear. Right now she'll only be wearing clothes when she's taken out to be held, but eventually (when she moves to an "open bed", she'll wear clothes all the time). I'm a tad bummed I didn't get to be pregnant at this shower, either, but I just keep looking at the big picture and reminding myself how blessed we really are with how things have turned out despite Brooke being so early!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so cute jen! She looks so much bigger in pics.
Rochelle

Crystal said...

Aw. She looks great. I can't believe how long she looks, Congrats on the wearing clothes I loved when I got to start dressing my boys, just one step closer to going home and being normal. I hope she continues to grow well for you. Glad your shower went well, I wasn't preggo for mine either, infact Landon was home before we had his, LOL

Dani said...

So looks great Jen!!! It sounds like she's doing so well! I'm so happy for you. Lilli was here with me while I was looking at the pictures and she kept saying "awwww, awwwww". She just adores babies. :o)

Anonymous said...

Looking great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Georg

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much beautiful hair she has! And her sweet eyes, saying no is going to be difficult with this little princess. She is just adorable and looks like she's doing great! Congrats on getting the IVs out and all of the 'firsts' you are getting to experience! I love all the photos :) Continued T&Ps
_Renee